CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – Travis Pastrana is leaving NASCAR after this weekend’s season finale Nationwide Series race at Homestead.
Pastrana announced his decision Monday on his Facebook page. He cited a lack of sponsorship, a desire to spend time with his wife and new daughter and frustration over his struggles in NASCAR as his reasons for leaving the sport.
Pastrana is one of the most popular action sports stars in the world and a 17-time medal winner at the X Games. He first tried NASCAR in 2011 and was scheduled to make his Nationwide debut that July until he broke his leg in an X Games accident two days before the race.
It delayed his debut until last season, when Pastrana ran nine races.
He goes into Saturday’s finale ranked 14th in the standings.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Woman’s University Leads Statewide Campaign Against Sexual Violence
- Trump Vows To Remove Millions Living In Country Illegally
- HOA Tells Homeowners To Remove “Back The Blue” Flags
- Rowlett Homeowner Burglarized Three Times This Year
- Waxahachie Homeowners Sue Atmos Over Explosion
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures