Fort Worth Firefighter Charged With Murder In Arkansas
ARKANSAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth firefighter has been arrested and charged with murder.
Tuesday afternoon officials with the Fort Worth Fire Department confirmed Firefighter Shea P. O’Neill was arrested in Garland County, Arkansas.
Officials have charged O’Neill with 2nd degree murder. The 11-year FWFD veteran is accused of stabbing a man in the neck.
On the evening of November 8 there was a lot of activity in Garland County, Arkansas. At approximately 10:11 p.m. the Sheriff’s Office was sent to a location where a man, later identified as O’Neill, was on the side of the road trying to flag down traffic. Deputies arrived to find O’Neill bloodied and beaten.
Minutes later a woman and two men arrived at a nearby hospital. One of the men had been stabbed and eventually died from his injuries. The two surviving people told investigators the victim had been attacked by O’Neill.
O’Neill claimed that after accepting a ride from the woman, two men who had been hiding in the back seat popped up and started hitting him. O’Neill told authorities that as he was being beaten he pulled out a gun, but it was wrestled away. He said he then took out a knife, lunged toward his attackers and cut one of them.
The two surviving people told investigators everyone in the car was headed to smoke marijuana and had stopped to use the restroom. The two said O’Neill and the victim began arguing and the 40-year-old firefighter stabbed the man.
Garland County Sheriff’s Office investigators say O’Neill’s claims not only don’t line up with those of witnesses, but also are inconsistent with information gathered at the crime scene.
O’Neill is currently being treated for his injures, but has been charged with Murder in the 2nd Degree, a Class A Felony.
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare