George W. Bush Heads To Leno’s Stage Next Week
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Former President George W. Bush is headed to “The Tonight Show” next week to talk about his post-White House years with Jay Leno, NBC said Tuesday.
The 43rd president has kept a mostly low profile since exiting office in early 2009 while the country was in two wars and struggling with an economic crisis. But he made headlines in July by urging Congress to reach a “positive resolution” on immigration reform, an issue that eluded him during his presidency, and he also appeared in Africa with President Barack Obama at a ceremony to remember victims of terrorism.
Bush, a 67-year-old grandfather, is scheduled to appear on Leno’s couch November 19. It will be the fourth time that Bush has been a guest on Leno’s show since his first appearance during the 2000 campaign season.
Bush left the White House with abysmal approval ratings, but polling has suggested some Americans are gradually softening their views of him. His presidential library was dedicated in Texas this year, where former President Bill Clinton joked with Bush about his new found hobby of painting.
In August the former president underwent a procedure to clear a heart blockage. Doctors at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital inserted a stent to help prop open an artery.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- Few Fireworks In First Texas Governor’s Debate
- Police Now Involved In Battle Over Locked Fire Hydrants
- Possible Attempted Child Abduction In Keller
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures