NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – The date 11/12/13 is an iconic mark on the calendar that some North Texas couples have been waiting for all year.
On this day brides raced to the alter to tie the knot.
According to officials with David’s Bridal, more than 3,000 couples are expected to get married today.
At the little white chapel at Chestnut Square Historic Village in McKinney it was a busy day for midweek.
The numbers aligned for Heather and Mark Clampitt on Tuesday. “My birthday was yesterday,” Mark said. Heather’s birthday is November 13 and the couple picked today to get married.
“We thought it would be a very special day in between both of our birthdays,” Heather said, adding, “We will just have three days of celebrating every year.”
A few miles north Collin County Justice of the Peace Paul Raleeh went from one wedding to the next. “We’ve scheduled 10 weddings today which is just unusual for us. We might do 10 weddings in a month,” the judge explained. “On the numerical lineups we always see an increase in weddings.”
The date 11/12/13 isn’t only reserved for weddings, but babies wanted in on the excitement too. At Baylor All Saints Medical Center in Fort Worth the Holt’s didn’t plan to have their baby girl on this day, but now think it’s pretty special.
“I think we’ll always remember her birthday,” said happy mom Courtney Holt. “It’s easy to remember.”
For many the date is about memories literally and figuratively.
“The women picked it to help me remember my anniversary,” said Trevor Romney, who married his love Erica “It’s an awesome day to be married.”
Another date that is expected to be record breaking for weddings and babies will be 12/13/14. It’s the last sequential date for the next century.
- Ted Koppel Says Sean Hannity Is “Bad For America”
- As NFL Owners Meet, Raiders Move To Las Vegas May Happen
- Most Little Elm ISD School Buses Damaged By Hail
- Texas Republican Quits Hard-Line Freedom Caucus
- President Trump Plans Office To Bring Business Ideas To Government
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures