GARLAND (AP) – Nic Moore scored 20 points, hitting four 3-point attempts, and SMU limited visiting Rhode Island to 30.8-percent shooting as the Mustangs dominated the Rams 89-58 on Monday night at the Curtis Cullwell Center.
SMU improved to 2-0, having opened last Friday with a 69-61 victory over TCU.
Moore is one of four first-year-eligible transfers who have bolstered coach Larry Brown’s roster this season. He arrived at SMU a year ago from Illinois State along with Redbirds coach Tim Jankovich, who became a Brown assistant and SMU’s head coach-in-waiting.
Rhode Island (1-1) was led by freshman guard E.C. Matthews with 15 points. Junior forward Gilvydas Biruta, a transfer from Rutgers, scored 9 points and fouled out with 7:53 to play.
SMU led by as many as 15 in the first half and owned a 35-point advantage with four minutes to play.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Rallies To Beat Dynamo 3-1
- Rahal Makes Last-Lap Pass To Win IndyCar Race At Texas
- Frisco ISD Voters Reject Property Tax Increase
- Moreland, Griffin Lead Rangers To 7-0 Win Over Indians
- Cowboys’ Ford Center Hosts Frisco ISD Football Kickoff
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures