Stars Put Veteran F Ray Whitney On Injured List
FRISCO (AP) — The Dallas Stars have placed forward Ray Whitney on injured reserve with a lower-body injury.
The 41-year-old Whitney has played in all 17 games and is third on the team with seven assists. He is third among active players with 1,278 games.
Whitney was injured in a 5-2 loss to the Blackhawks on Saturday.
Dallas recalled Travis Morin from the Texas Stars of the AHL to take Whitney’s spot. Morin leads the AHL with 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists). He has three career NHL games with Dallas.
The Stars play at Edmonton on Wednesday night.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chris Kirk Clenches Victory At Colonial In Fort Worth
- Josh Hamilton Rejoins The Rangers Monday
- Colonial: Kevin Na, Ian Poulter Go Head To Head In Ft. Worth
- Rangers Ride 10-Run 3rd Inning in 15-4 Rout of Yankees
- Are Injured Veterans Worth The Risk In Fantasy Baseball?
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures