FRISCO (AP) — The Dallas Stars have placed forward Ray Whitney on injured reserve with a lower-body injury.
The 41-year-old Whitney has played in all 17 games and is third on the team with seven assists. He is third among active players with 1,278 games.
Whitney was injured in a 5-2 loss to the Blackhawks on Saturday.
Dallas recalled Travis Morin from the Texas Stars of the AHL to take Whitney’s spot. Morin leads the AHL with 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists). He has three career NHL games with Dallas.
The Stars play at Edmonton on Wednesday night.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chargers, Bosa Agree To 4-Year Deal
- Strong Keeping Longhorns Quarterback A Secret
- Cowboys Zeke: ‘Bad Decision’ To Visit Seattle Pot Shop
- U.S. Open Features New Roof, But No Rain In Sight
- Troy Goes To Sports Cards Heaven
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures