NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM) — Fifty years to the day following their groundbreaking appearance on “The Ed Sullivan Show”, CBS will air a two-hour special to celebrate the remarkable legacy of the seven-time Grammy Award-winning group.
The special will air on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 7:00 p.m. CST on CBS — the same time slot and on the same network as their initial appearance.
Dubbed “The Night That Changed America”, the two-hour special will feature some of today’s top artists covering songs played that night in 1964. The special will also include footage from the landmark evening, as well as other archived materials. The participating artists have not yet been announced.
The Beatles’ first appearance on “The Ed Sullivan Show” is considered by many to be one of the most important moments in music and television. The event drew 74 million viewers.
“That night 50 years ago on the Ed Sullivan stage, the Beatles delivered a momentous performance, and America witnessed a historic television event and the beginning of a new era in music,” said Jack Sussman, CBS Entertainment Executive Vice President of Specials & Events. “We are thrilled to honor these music legends with performances from amazing GRAMMY-winning artists who were influenced by the Beatles’ unforgettable music through the years and that incredible performance in 1964.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- MIke Pence Plane Slides Off Runway At NYC’s LaGuardia Airport
- Car Slams Into Women Outside Gloria’s Restaurant – Driver Leaves
- Texas Lawmakers Order Immediate Child Caseworker Visits
- Texas Election Officials Refute ‘Vote-Flipping’ After Trump Tweet
- Former Rangers Closer Shawn Tolleson Becomes Free Agent
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures