Davis Approved As New Controlling Owner Of Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ORLANDO, Fla. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Owners have given their unanimous approval for Ray Davis to succeed Nolan Ryan as the controlling owner of the Texas Rangers.
The vote took place on Thursday at their quarterly meeting in Orlando.
The move comes less than one month after Ryan announced his retirement as CEO and controlling owner. The Hall of Fame pitcher no longer has an ownership stake in the team after selling his shares to Davis and Bob Simpson.
Davis made his fortune in the energy business.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- Cowboys Fans Provide True Homefield Advantage
- Cowboys ‘FishTips’ Lead To Pounding Of Giants
- Romo, Murray Carry Cowboys Past Giants 31-21
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures