COLLEGE STATION (AP) — The encore to Johnny Football’s Heisman Trophy-winning freshman season is nearing an end.
Johnny Manziel and No. 10 Texas A&M have a bye this week before wrapping up the regular-season with games at No. 18 LSU and ninth-ranked Missouri.
Manziel has put up eye-popping numbers similar to and in some cases better than he did a year ago, but most polls don’t have him favored to join Archie Griffin as the second two-time Heisman winner. His biggest competition to repeat is Florida State’s freshman quarterback Jameis Winston, who has led the Seminoles to a 9-0 start.
Manziel says he isn’t worried about the Heisman race and is only concerned about helping the Aggies win their next two games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oklahoma’s Trae Young Leaving For NBA After Freshman Season
- Aldridge’s Double-Double Fuels Spurs By Warriors, 89-75
- WKU Wins Consecutive NIT Games For 1st Time Since 1948
- 2018 NCAA Tournament TV schedule: March Madness Sweet 16 Tip Times
- Latest NBA Power Rankings
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures