Texas A&M Overpowers Prairie View 76-27
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Karla Gilbert led No. 16 Texas A&M with 15 points in a 76-27 romp over Prairie View A&M on Wednesday night.
The Aggies (2-0) led the Panthers 38-10 at halftime. The 27 points for the Panthers were the fewest scored against Texas A&M since Louisiana Tech managed just 26 in a December 2012 game.
The Aggies made 34 of 64 shots for 53.1 percent compared to the Panthers’ 10 of 51 for 19.6 percent. The Panthers put up 16 3-point attempts, making only three. The Aggies made one 3-pointer, but only tried seven.
Joining Gilbert in double figures for the Aggies were Courtney Walker and Achiri Ade with 11 points each.
The Panthers (0-2) didn’t have a player score in double figures. Jeanette Jackson, who scored 32 points in the Panthers’ opener against Rice, was 0 for 14, finishing with one point before fouling out. The Panthers committed 30 turnovers.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three Men On Texas DPS 10 Most Wanted List Captured
- Starving Dog’s Owner Sought In Parker County
- Gas Prices Drop Across Texas Amid Busy Travel Time
- Goodell And Smith Meet On NFL Personal Conduct Policy
- Airlines Prepare For Storm In Northeast
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures