ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A wrong-way crash left one woman dead in Arlington on Wednesday.
Police said that it happened around 10:45 p.m. in the 2700 block of Dottie Lynn Parkway, south of Meadowbrook Drive.
According to police, a car heading south on the street struck a curb, lost control, went into the median, knocked down a light pole and then crossed into oncoming traffic.
The driver of that car, a woman, hit another car head on. The woman was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, but died from her injuries. The male driver of the second vehicle was taken to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth with non-life threatening injuries.
“It is too soon to know the cause of the crash,” said Arlington Police Department spokesperson Tiara Richard. “Officers are investigating.”
The names of the victims have not been released.
- Welcome To Texas: Aurora Alien
- 5-Year-Old Struck By Car While On Minibike
- Yankees Beat Rangers On Walk-Off Passed Ball
- Purse Snatcher Shoots Woman 4 Times, Witness Shoots Robber
- Texas Abortions Drop 15 Percent
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures