Grand Jury Indicts Dallas Police Department Vice Detective
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Federal prosecutors say a Dallas Police Department vice detective has been accused of passing unauthorized tips about police raids and investigations into prostitution.
The U.S. attorney’s office says Jose Luis Bedoy was arrested Friday on a four-count indictment. It accuses him of beginning a sexual relationship with someone authorities say is a prostitute and giving her “law enforcement-sensitive information” about raids.
Prosecutors say police in Coppell determined earlier this year that he had tipped off a raid. The FBI began investigating.
The indictment also says Bedoy, 39, told the woman to not use Backpage.com, a site sometimes linked to prostitution, during a week the vice squad was “working Backpage.”
Specifically, Bedoy faces three counts of obstruction of an official proceeding and one count of obstruction of due administration of justice.
Bedoy doesn’t have a listed phone number and couldn’t be reached for comment. A police statement says he’s on administrative leave.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 7 Athletes Who Have Bizarre And Unusual Superstitions
- 5 NFL Quarterbacks That Need A Big 2014
- Top 5 Players You Need To Select In Your Fantasy Draft
- Cowboys’ Romo Promises ‘The Best Version Of Me’
- WWE’s Party Boy Adam Rose Talks Title Picture, Advice from Triple H
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures