Moscow Ballet Performing Great Russian Nutcracker At SMU
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – The Moscow Ballet has been performing in more than 60 cities across North America for 20 years. This weekend they are performing the Great Russian Nutcracker at the McFarlin Auditorium on the campus of Southern Methodist University.
It’s a story of a girl who falls in love with her nutcracker prince. The show is danced to Tchaikovsky’s famous score and features 200 all new costumes. Costumes made of silk, each hand sewn with appliques.
But there is something The Great Russian Nutcracker has that’s unique only to North Texas. There are 60 young dancers that are local that will be dancing with the Moscow Ballet.
Svetlana Todinova is the audition director and one of the dancers in the Moscow Ballet. “I think that makes our ballets different.”
- Savvy Shopping Mom Pays It Forward At Christmas
- Lewisville PD Identify Police Shooting Suspect
- Patients Feel The Pinch Of Higher Generic Drug Prices
- DFW Gas Prices Falling In Time For The Holidays
- Oil Boom Brings New Focus To Univ. Of Texas’ Land
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures