CORPUS CHRISTI (AP) — Shaquille Boga made a half-court shot with no time on the clock to lift Texas-Pan American to a thrilling 81-78 win over Tennessee Tech Friday night.
Texas-Pan American (2-2) led the whole second half until Josiah Moore scored off a Javorn Farrell turnover with 46 seconds to play to make 78-78. Tennessee Tech (1-2) had a chance to win, but turned the ball over with five seconds to play. Inbounding from the backcourt, Boga had to put up a shot with time expiring and made it from half-court to pull out the win.
Farrell led all scorers with 23 points for Texas-Pan American. Boga had 17 and Justin Leathers added 14 to go along with 12 rebounds.
Ladon Carter had 17 points off the bench to lead Tennessee Tech.
It was the opening game of the Holiday Inn Downtown Marina Islanders Tournament.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Jose Reyes, The New York Mets And The Sad Business Of Baseball
- Cowboys’ Dez Takes To The Basketball Court
- AMBER ALERT: DPD Investigating Kidnapping Of 10-Year-Old Boy
- Dog Stolen In Burglary Reunited With Owners
- This Week In Golf: Navy Vet Billy Hurley III Wins Quicken Loans National
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures