MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) — Jack Cantele kicked a 41-yard field goal, his fourth of the game, with 3 seconds remaining to give Kansas State a thrilling 33-31 victory over TCU on Saturday.
The Horned Frogs had taken the lead on a 56-yard field goal by Jaden Oberkrom with 2:13 left, but the Wildcats (6-4, 4-3) quickly marched down field. Jake Waters hit Tyler Lockett for 12 yards to convert a third down, and hit him again for eight more yards to get within field-goal range.
Cantele trotted onto the field, lined up and sent the kick through the uprights, leaping into the air as several Wildcats poured onto the field to celebrate.
TCU (4-7, 2-6) couldn’t do anything with the kickoff as Kansas State wrapped its fourth straight win.
The victory made the Wildcats bowl-eligible for the fourth consecutive year, while also ending the Horned Frogs’ run of eight consecutive bowl games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Army Veteran To Receive Home From Local Charity
- Vacant Elementary School Catches On Fire
- Recovery Efforts Continue For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures