Man Wrongfully Shot By Dallas Police Returns Home
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The mentally ill man shot by a Dallas police officer last month was released from the hospital Friday. Bobby Bennett, 52, is home with his mother by his side. Bennett suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. He was shot by officer Cardan Spencer on October 14.
The incident was recorded on a neighbor’s security camera. The video clearly shows that Bennett was standing still when Spencer shot him. Officer Spencer was fired ten days after the incident.
An advocacy group called Justice Seekers Texas is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate the case and nearly two dozen other officer-involved shootings.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Turns Cattle Ranch Into Vegan Animal Sanctuary
- Fantasy Football: The Only Reason To Care About The Brady-NFL Saga
- Woman Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of Child
- Granbury Man Accused Of Taking Pictures Up Women’s Dresses
- Mavs Sign 7’2″ Center Salah Mejri From Tunisia
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures