TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Obi Emegano scored 27 points and his team sank 10 3-pointers on Saturday as Oral Roberts handily defeated Texas State 82-65.
The Golden Eagles (2-1) shot 66.7 percent from three-point range in making 10 of 15 tries.
Emegano had four 3-pointers. Shawn Glover scored 18 points, including two 3-pointers, Korey Billbury added 14 points with three 3-pointers and DJ Jackson scored 11 points, with two 3-pointers.
The Bobcats (0-3) kept the game close until Glover hit a 3-pointer with 10:54 to play in the first quarter, giving Oral Roberts a 13-10 lead and sparking an 11-point run. The Golden Eagles led 30-24 at the half, then steadily pulled away.
Emani Gant led Texas State with 14 points.
The teams have faced off five times and ORU holds a 4-1 advantage in the series.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures