JFK Ceremony To Suspend DART, TRE Service
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Scheduled DART and TRE services will change during the JFK memorial ceremony on Friday, November 22.
DART’s Red and Blue Line rail service will be temporarily suspended between Union Station and West End Station from 12:10 to 1:10 p.m. during the ceremony.
Bus service will be available to transport customers between the two stations. Customers from West End Station will board at Rosa Parks Plaza, across Lamar Street from the station. Union Station customers will board on Houston Street, directly in front of the station.
Green and Orange Line rail service may also see minor delays.
Portions of Elm, Main and Commerce streets in the Dealey Plaza area will be closed from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. because of the ceremony. This will create detours for Bus Routes 1, 12, 19, 21, 35, 42, 60, 63, 155, 164, 206, 278, 283 and 722 (D-Link).
Trinity Railway Express Train 2923, which typically leaves Union Station at 12:20 p.m. will depart early at 12:03 p.m. and hold at Victory Station until the regularly scheduled departure time of 12:25 p.m. The scheduled 1:04 p.m. eastbound departure of Train 2924 from Victory to Union station will be held at Victory until the JFK memorial ceremonies end. Expect minor delays.
Information on service interruptions can be found at DART.org or by calling 214-979-1111. Click here for additional information about DART service changes for Friday, November 22.
- North Texas Man Could Be Sent To Death For Killing Sons
- Dallas-Area Ice Forces Cancellation Of Nearly 1,000 Flights
- No. 12 Texas A&M Loses Jones For Season
- Crashes Continue As Snow Day Turns To Night
- Snow Day Brings Accidents, Traffic, & Some Fun Across North Texas
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures