DALLAS (AP) — Rookie point guard Shane Larkin has made his debut for the Dallas Mavericks four months after breaking an ankle in a summer practice.
Larkin entered the game against Philadelphia late in the first quarter Monday night and had a steal on the first possession.
The son of Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin was fouled on his first offensive trip and made one of two free throws. His first assist was on a bucket by Dirk Nowitzki early in the second quarter.
The 5-foot-11 Larkin was the 18th pick in the first round and injured his right ankle July 12 in the final workout before the summer league.
He led Miami to the round of the 16 in the NCAA tournament in his final college season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DFW Moments: Delta Flight 191 Crash
- North Texas Christian School In Danger Of Closing Down
- 3 Dead, 4 Injured In Fort Worth Rollover Crash
- Border Patrol Agents Rescue 14 Illegal Aliens Freezing In Desert
- DFW Moments: Ebola Outbreak
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Dallas Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Birdville ISD On Edge After Abduction Attempts
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures