Police Chase Ends With Crash In Allen
Get Breaking News First
ALLEN (CBSDFW.COM) - A high speed chase involving deputies from the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department ended in Allen early Monday morning. The incident began at about 4:15 a.m. when law enforcement officials were trying to assist a driver stopped along the northbound service road of Stemmons Freeway, near Commonwealth Drive in Dallas.
But instead of taking the help, that driver sped away and led deputies on a chase that, at times, topped speeds of 100 mph. The pursuit went up Interstate-35E through Dallas and into Farmers Branch and Carrollton. The suspect then took the Sam Rayburn Tollway north and raced through parts of Plano and Frisco before reaching Allen.
The vehicle exited at Exchange Parkway and started heading southbound in the northbound lanes of traffic. The suspect then turned at Ridgeview Drive and again traveled in the wrong direction, but crashed shortly before 5:00 a.m. just east of Exchange Parkway. He then tried to flee on foot, but was quickly taken into custody.
The unidentified man is suspected of having been drunk. Authorities have not said what charges he will now face.
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Former DPD Officer Guilty In Beating Of Suspect Jailed
- Rocket Explodes During Test Flight; No Injuries
- Man Indicted For Aiming Laser Pointer At Aircraft
- Officer’s Association Calling For FWPD Chief’s Resignation
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures