DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — Though the Cowboys have lost two of three games and are no longer atop the NFC East, owner Jerry Jones is optimistic heading into the team’s week 12 matchup against the surging New York Giants.
“I am excited about the injured players that we’ll have back. They’ll make an impact,” said Jones on 105.3 The Fan’s New School with Shan & RJ.
The Giants have won four straight after opening the season 0-6. New York began the streak in Dallas with a 36-31 loss, a game in which the Giants turned the ball over six times.
But the Dallas defense was tested — and pushed around for much of the game. Eli Manning totaled 450 yards passing and four TDs on the day.
Cornerback Morris Claiborne, who is recovering from a hamstring injury, is expected to play and will help immensely, according to Jones.
“That’s big. The more of those corners we can have out there, the more we can get Eli concerned with what we’re doing,” said Jones.
Demarcus Ware, who returned from injury in New Orleans, is “feeling good” and is expected to again play. The defensive end collected a sack and two QB hurries in the blowout loss.
The offense will add another receiving threat with the return of Miles Austin, who has battled hamstring injuries throughout the season.
“He was ready to go against New Orleans, but we really wanted to be conservative on that,” said Jones. “To have him for the next six ballgames…he’s our best route runner, will make a difference offensively.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fast-Food Customers Slow Down To Reflect On Missing Man Table
- Report: Baylor To Name Jim Grobe As Interim Head Coach
- For Memorial Day, New Stamps Honor Service Cross Medals
- Augie Garrido Out At Texas After 20 Seasons
- Libertarians Pick Ex-New Mexico Gov. Johnson For President
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures