No. 4 Kentucky Routs UT Arlington, 105-76
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) – James Young scored 26 points, including five 3-pointers, that helped No. 4 Kentucky put away UT Arlington 105-76 on Tuesday night.
The Wildcats’ 6-foot-6 swingman made his first three from long range to jump start an 8-of-14 shooting night and provide Kentucky’s third different top scorer in as many games.
Young’s hot shooting rubbed off on his talented fellow freshmen teammates. Julius Randle added 22 points with 10 rebounds, Andrew Harrison 15 and Marcus Lee 10 as Kentucky started an all-rookie lineup for the second consecutive game.
Willie Cauley-Stein added 14 points and 10 rebounds as Kentucky (4-1) shot 35 of 69 (51 percent) to win its inaugural matchup against UTA (2-3). The Wildcats also earned their second consecutive win since losing to Michigan State a week ago as the top-ranked team.
Brandon Edwards’ 24 points led the Mavericks, who were outrebounded 46-34.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Free Concert In McKinney To Benefit Veterans This Weekend
- AP Sources: Goodell Will Not Recuse Self From Brady Appeal
- Harlem Globetrotter Legend Who Lived In Plano Passes Away
- Keidel: LeBron James Vs. Michael Jordan
- Dallas High School Recalls Yearbooks Due To ‘Inappropriate Material’
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures