ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers announced their 2014 Spring Training schedule on Tuesday, which features 31 games and 28 Cactus League contests.
The schedule also includes a game in Arlington against a Mexican League team for the third straight year. The Rangers will host the Quintana Roo Tigers of the Triple-A Mexican League on Thursday, March 27 at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Tickets information has not yet been released for this game.
The club will also play weekend exhibition games against the Houston Astros at the Alamodome in San Antonio on Friday and Saturday before opening the season at home against Philadelphia on March 31.
Texas will play 28 games in Arizona, including 17 at Surprise Stadium. Fourteen of the 17 will be “home games”, with the other three coming against Kansas City, who shares the facility.
The first game will be on Feb. 27. Pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report on Sunday, Feb. 16 and will work out for the first time on Monday. Infielders and outfielders are set to report on Wednesday, Feb. 19 — working out for the first time on Thursday.
Tickets can be purchased by mail, phone, online, or in person in Surprise. Seats range from $8 in the lawn to $28 in the “lower dugout” section.
For ticket information, visit the Rangers website.
The full spring training schedule is as follows.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Things You’re Paying Too Much For
- Deep Ellum’s Violent Crime Spike Has People On Edge
- Tyson Recalls 65 Tons Of Chicken Nuggets
- Houston’s J.J. Watt Could Be Out For The Season
- Man Tries To Record Police Brutality, Helps Officer Instead
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures