Woman Shot & Killed Through Hotel Wall
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) - One woman was killed early Tuesday morning, shot in her hotel room at the Microtel Inn & Suites at the intersection of West Irving Boulevard and Belt Line Road. The single gunshot that struck the victim, police in Irving said, came through the wall of her second floor hotel room.
The shooting happened at about 1:00 a.m. as the woman was in the hotel room with her husband and teenage son. According to police, a single bullet fired from an adjoining hotel room went through the wall and struck the woman. She was rushed to Parkland Hospital in Dallas, but ultimately died. Her husband and son were not injured.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner later identified the victim as 48-year-old Traci Lynn Reedy. She was propped up in bed watching television when the bullet hit her in the chest. She had lived in the motel with her husband and 18-year-old son for the past couple of months.
Michael Shane Gray of Dallas fired the shot that killed Reedy, according to Irving Police. Gray, 36, and a woman were in the room next door to Reedy’s, when police say a handgun Gray was handling discharged–firing a single shot. Gray has been charged with criminally negligent homicide – a charge Reedy’s family is not happy with.
“They just charged that guy with criminal negligent homicide,” said George Morris, Reedy’s father. “That’s not murder or nothing. What does that mean?”
Morris says he doesn’t believe the shooting was an accident and wants to know what was going on in the next room before the gun was fired.
“I hope he goes to prison and burns in hell,” Moore said
Investigators say they do not believe there was any type of argument between the accused gunman and the woman in his room prior to the shooting. No illegal drugs or paraphernalia were found in Gray’s room, but police say prescription drugs were found in the room. The woman who was in the room with Gray was questioned and released.
Other guests at the hotel heard the gunshot, followed by screaming and chaos. “That’s incredibly sad,” said hotel guest Bryan Surrett on Tuesday morning. “I’m going to pray for the family because that shouldn’t happen. That just reminds us how messed up the world is. It is a broken place. And sometimes we suffer for what we do wrong, sometimes we suffer for someone else’s foolishness or wrongdoing.”
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Dallas Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Birdville ISD On Edge After Abduction Attempts
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures