ATHENS (CBSDFW.COM) — A 51-year-old man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for operating a four-wheeler while intoxicated and under the influence of drugs in Henderson County.
When arrested in June 2012, officers smelled alcohol on Willie Earl Davis and found a used crack pipe under the seat of the vehicle.
Davis told officers on scene that, if they checked his blood, they would find embalming fluid, marijuana, alcohol, and cocaine.
Davis was spotted by an officer with the Athens Police Department driving a Suzuki four-wheeler near Jonathan and Pinkerton Street in Athens.
The officer initiated a traffic stop and issued a warning for the illegal use of the four-wheeler on a public road.
While issuing the citation, the officer smelled alcohol on the suspect. Davis admitted to have been drinking, and officers began a field sobriety test.
“Davis quickly became angry and refused to submit to any of the tests and was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated, ” according to the Henderson County District Attorney.
This was the fifth DWI conviction for Davis.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trump Outlines First Hundred Days Of Administration If Elected
- No. 6 Texas A&M Overpowered By No. 1 Alabama 33-14
- TCU Falls To No. 12 West Virginia 34-10
- AT&T Buying HBO And CNN Owner Time Warner For $85.4 Billion
- Mavericks Waive Five To Bring Roster To 15
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures