ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The Texas Rangers made a series of roster moves on Wednesday, adding three players to their major league roster and claiming one from the Dodgers.
Texas received right-handed pitcher Shawn Tolleson from Los Angeles on a waiver claim.
The team also added RHP Lisalverto Bonilla, RHP Ben Rowen, and infielder Luis Sardinas to the major league roster.
Tolleson, 25, has appeared for the Dodgers in each of the last two seasons, going a combined 3-1 with a 4.30 ERA in 41 appearances out of the bullpen. He appeared in just one game for Los Angeles in 2013 after undergoing lower back surgery.
The Allen, Texas native pitched at Baylor University and was drafted by the Dodgers in the 30th round of the 2010 draft. In 107 minor league appearances, Tolleson has a career 1.34 ERA and a .932 career WHIP with 185 strikeouts against 31 walks.
In 2013, the 25-year-old Rowen went 6-1 with a 0.69 ERA in 51 combined appearances for AA-Frisco and AAA-Round Rock.
Bonilla, 23, went 7-5 with 6 saves and a 4.79 ERA in 47 games (2 starts) for Frisco and Round Rock.
Sardinas, who is just 20-years-old, batted .288 with 2 home runs, 46 RBI, 81 runs and 32 steals in 126 total games with High A-Myrtle Beach and Frisco in 2013.
By placing these three on the 40-man roster, they are no longer subject to the Rule 5 Draft, which takes place on Dec. 12.
Left-handed pitcher Edwar Cabrera, who did not pitch this past season due to a left shoulder injury that required surgery, cleared waivers and was outrighted to the minor leagues.
With Wednesday’s transactions, the Rangers now have 38 players on the club’s 40-man roster.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gallo Suffers Non-Displaced Nasal Fracture In Collision With Bush
- There Is Still Time To Win Your Fantasy Baseball League
- Gonzalez Pitches 6 Scoreless, White Sox Hold Off Rangers 3-2
- Cowboys Top Colts 24-19 In Third Preseason Game
- Derek Holland Thanks Rangers Fans On Pitcher’s Mound
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures