COPPELL (CBSDFW.COM) – A North Texas teenager is still making a difference, even more than a year after he died. Jacob Logan’s former teammates at Coppell High School are honoring the late football star with a major fundraiser on Thursday.
The 17-year-old student played wide receiver for the Coppell High school football team, winning over many fans wearing No. 21. But he died in October of last year while cliff diving with friends as Possum Kingdom Lake. The loss of this popular and friendly teen left a gap in the community.
But, since then, loved ones have continued to keep Logan’s memory alive by raising money to build an orphanage in Zambia, Africa. His friends, family members and teammates said that Logan continues to be an inspiration, and this will help him inspire even more people in the future.
“He was a wonderful kid, teenage kid, lots of energy, loved life, loved being part of the community and sports programs,” the teenager’s mom, Mona Logan, said on Thursday. “Just had so much to look forward to. But he’s doing so much in his death. We’re so proud of him and I know he’s proud of us.”
There are several ways for you to help the fundraising effort, but the easiest thing to do is order a pizza on Thursday. Participating Papa John’s locations across the Metroplex are donating 21 percent of each online order — in honor of Logan’s jersey number — to the charity set up in Logan’s name. Click here for details about this offer.
There is also a 5K and fun run planned for December 21 in Coppell. Click here for details about that event.
- I-TEAM: Choosing A Mosquito Repellant
- Settlement Reached In Lawsuit Over Alamo Library Items
- Family Of Austin Teen Killed By Police Sues City, Ex-Officer
- Hot Holiday Weekend Comes With Warning
- Young Suspect ID’d In School Arson
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures