DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Friday is the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, and there are many events planned for downtown Dallas. The city is preparing Dealey Plaza for the international stage, and crews are hustling to get everything set for the big ceremony.
So, needless to say, travel around downtown Dallas is already problematic. Here is a look at what roads are expected to be closed for the Friday events, and which ones are already shut down in preparation for the anniversary.
- Since Tuesday: Main Street is closed from the triple underpass to Houston Street.
- Happening Thursday: Main Street will close from Houston Street to Market Street.
- Friday: Portions of Elm Street and Commerce Street, between Riverfront Boulevard and Houston Street, will be closed. Also, parts of Ross Avenue, Wood Street, Market Street and Record Street will be closed.
Basically, any street on or around Dealey Plaza will be shut down.
- Megabus Breakdown Strands Passengers In Hunt County
- Council Delays Opening Of Over Budget Mansfield Ice Rink
- Robots & Weather Among New Girl Scout Badges
- PD: Army Vet Fatally Shot After Fight With Brother Over Gun & Video
- Last Orca Born In Captivity At SeaWorld Dies
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures