DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Friday is the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, and there are many events planned for downtown Dallas. The city is preparing Dealey Plaza for the international stage, and crews are hustling to get everything set for the big ceremony.
So, needless to say, travel around downtown Dallas is already problematic. Here is a look at what roads are expected to be closed for the Friday events, and which ones are already shut down in preparation for the anniversary.
- Since Tuesday: Main Street is closed from the triple underpass to Houston Street.
- Happening Thursday: Main Street will close from Houston Street to Market Street.
- Friday: Portions of Elm Street and Commerce Street, between Riverfront Boulevard and Houston Street, will be closed. Also, parts of Ross Avenue, Wood Street, Market Street and Record Street will be closed.
Basically, any street on or around Dealey Plaza will be shut down.
- Michael Jackson’s Elephant Escapes Enclosure At Florida Zoo
- TV Host Jimmy Kimmel Beat By Sen. Ted Cruz In Charity Game
- Protections For Immigrants Erode Under Trump Since Inaugural
- Arkansas Rides 8-Run Inning To 11-5 CWS Win Over Texas
- Global Warming Cooks Up ‘A Different World’ Over 3 Decades
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures