Dirk Passes Reggie On NBA Scoring List
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) - Dirk Nowitzki continued his climb up the record books on Wednesday night, moving past Reggie Miller on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.
Nowitzki made a free throw after a technical foul was called against Houston’s Dwight Howard on Wednesday night to reach 25,280 points and take over 15th place.
“I obviously didn’t think when I first got there that, 15 to 16 years later, I’d be a top-15 scorer of all time,” said Nowitzki. “It was great — a great night”
Miller, the second-most prolific 3-point shooter behind Ray Allen, scored 25,279 points in 18 seasons with Indiana from 1987 to 2005.
The 35-year-old Nowitzki is in his 16th season with the Mavericks. He is the franchise leader in every major offensive category.
The achievement came in a 123-120 Dallas win, in which the team rallied from an 18-point second half deficit.
“I’m really more happy about the win to be honest,” said Nowitzki. “It means more to me right now than any other records.”
Brooklyn’s Kevin Garnett is 14th at 25,340 points after scoring four in a 95-91 loss to Charlotte on Wednesday night.
Nowitzki passed Jerry West for 16th place on Nov. 12 against Washington.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized, Postpones More Concert Dates
- Police Arrest Man For Stealing Gas
- Grapevine Police Seek Suspected Serial Burglar
- Texas Judge Won’t Order Recalled GM Cars To Be Parked
- Mavs Face Long Odds To Win NBA Title
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures