Mom Delivers Her Own Baby In SUV On Frisco Highway
Get Breaking News First
FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) - A 911 dispatcher helped a frantic father stay calm as his wife delivered their baby Wednesday in their SUV.
“My wife just had a baby in the car,” Frisco school teacher, J.R. Cloyd told 911.
Crystal Cloyd thought she had a few more weeks before welcoming her fourth child. But Jasper Ryder Cloyd was born at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in his Dad’s Black Dodge SUV on El Dorado Parkway. “It was painful and I didn’t know what to do… I pushed again and there he came — the whole thing,” said Mrs. Cloyd.
After their baby boy was born, the Cloyd’s pulled into Fire Station Number 9 in Frisco. Firefighters helped cut the newborn’s cord and wrapped him a blanket.
The family eventually made it to Centennial Medical Center, where both mom and baby are just fine.
“He’s got a little bruising on his face and that’s to be expected,” said nurse Jennifer Parsons of the only visible signs of Jasper’s hectic birth. Mr. Cloyd has recovered, too… helped in part by getting his car detailed Thursday morning.
“It was very nuts, very messy, very crazy…”
The couple said they will have Jasper’s first birthday at Fire Station Number 9.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Looks At Cases After Jury Convicts Man Of 3 Serial Murders
- Southlake Police Arrest Ex-Student For Alleged Threats
- I-30 Construction ‘Bumps’ Mean Repairs Will Take Longer
- Rangers Set Record For Players Used In MLB Season
- Fort Worth Ebola Survivor: ‘I Felt Like I Was Going To Die’
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures