NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Aaryn Ellenberg scored 24 points, freshman Derica Wyatt added 23 — hitting seven 3-pointers — and No. 10 Oklahoma routed Texas-Arlington 99-46 on Wednesday night.
Ellenberg went 4-of-12 from 3-point range for Oklahoma (4-1) and her first 3-pointer of the game was the 300th of her career. But she was upstaged by Wyatt, a freshman who didn’t even play in the Sooners’ two most recent games, against Gonzaga and Louisville.
Wyatt, who entered the game 1-of-5 this season from behind the arc, didn’t miss on five 3-point attempts in the first half as Oklahoma built a 52-19 lead over Texas-Arlington (0-5).
Oklahoma, which entered the game shooting 24 percent from 3-point range, finished 14-of-33 (42.4 percent) against the Mavericks. The Sooners shot 48.1 percent overall.
Briana Walker led Texas-Arlington with 13 points while Laila Suleiman and Desherra Nwanguma scored 12 each.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bautista Hits 3-Run HR, Blue Jays Beat Rangers 3-1
- Some Women-Only Screenings Planned For ‘Wonder Woman’
- With New Law, Lyft, Uber Set To Return To Texas Capital City
- Gregg Allman Of The Allman Brothers Dies At 69
- Gov. Abbott Signs Bill Providing Better Security For Judges
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures