Thanksgiving Travel For 3.4 Million Texans
Get Breaking News First
IRVING (AP) - A travel group has projected about 3.4 million Texans will head out during next week’s Thanksgiving holiday period.
AAA Texas says the estimate covers travel by land, air and water. Most people — about 3.1 million Texans — are expected to travel by auto.
The Thanksgiving holiday travel period is defined as round trips of 50 miles or more away from home from Wednesday, Nov. 27, through Sunday, Dec. 1.
AAA on Wednesday said travel in Texas could be down slightly this year, compared to 2012, because of lingering economic concerns.
The projections are based on economic forecasting and research by IHS Global Insight of Boston, which analyzes travel trends.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Church
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- Rangers Win 7th Straight, Rout AL-Best Angels 12-3
- Flu Shots = Big Business For Retailers
- Wendy Davis Attacks Greg Abbott In First Debate
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures