HOUSTON (AP) — Texas A&M and Arizona State will meet on Sept. 5, 2015, at Reliant Stadium in the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff game.
The first installment of this game was played this season when Oklahoma State beat Mississippi State 21-3. LSU and Wisconsin are scheduled for next year’s matchup on Aug. 30, 2014.
Jamey Rootes is president of Lone Star Sports & Entertainment, which puts on the game, and president of the Houston Texans. He’s excited about bringing Texas A&M to Houston, which is just 100 miles from College Station and says:
“They have an incredible tradition overall and you add to it the excitement that’s been generated by the success that Kevin Sumlin and his staff have orchestrated with the move to the SEC — so it was really a great addition.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Officers Shot At Dallas Home Depot; Suspect In Custody After Chase
- Rapper Meek Mill Released From Jail After Court Order
- Cowboys’ Witten, NFL Prospects Help Kids Get Suited For Success
- Emergency Special Election Will Replace Texas’ Farenthold
- Dallas 80-Year-Old To Graduate College After 12-Year Effort
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures