JFK Conspiracy Theorists Gather In Dallas
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Conspiracy theorists are among those gathered in Dallas as the city marks the 50th commemoration of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
About 400 academics and history buffs are gathering at the annual JFK Lancer conference held down the street from Dealey Plaza. Debora Conway founded the JFK Lancer conference nearly two decades ago. She compares study of alternate assassination theories to archaeology, saying “We still dig up bones in the sand.”
Attendees planned to watch the official ceremony on screens at the conference hotel.
Also meeting are members of the Coalition on Political Assassinations. Executive director John Judge planned a ceremony at Dealey Plaza Friday afternoon. Members wore shirts depicting Kennedy’s head shot with a bullet on a half-dollar coin.
According to a recent Gallop poll, more than 70-percent of Americans believe that more than one person was involved in the assassination of JFK.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Phillies Hope To Find Room For Darin Ruf’s Powerful Bat
- Dallas Stars Retire Modano’s No. 9 Jersey
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures