DENTON (AP) — Bennett Okotcha intercepted a Derek Thompson pass on the last play of the game, on first and goal from the 3 yard line, to seal UTSA’s 21-13 win over North Texas Saturday.
After Sean Ianno missed a 46-yard field goal with 1:12 to play, North Texas (7-4, 5-2 Conference USA) took over on its own 29 yard line. Thompson completed three straight passes to move the ball to the UTSA 45 before three incompletions brought up fourth-and-10.
Thompson found Will Wright for 12 yards before an offside penalty by UTSA (6-5, 5-2) gave the Mean Green first-and-5 at the Roadrunner 28. Thompson then hit Darnell Smith for 25 yards setting up Okotcha’s heroics.
Eric Soza had 274 yards passing and scored two rushing touchdowns for UTSA. Evans Okotcha, Bennett’s older brother, rushed for 104 yards on 16 carries.
Smith finished with a career-high 13 receptions for 115 yards.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body Recovered From Sunday Drowning
- Vigil Held For Aledo Teen Who Died After Basketball Practice
- Mansfield Acknowleding Painful Past
- Court: Texas Death Row Inmate May Have Faked Mental Illness
- Up To 2,000 Fans Greet HGTV Stars In The Colony
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures