Teen Accidentally Shoots 7-Year-Old Brother
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Police say a 7-year-old boy has been hospitalized in serious condition after he was shot by his 13-year-old brother.
The accident happened Saturday after both boys were dropped off at a residence.
Sgt. Warren Mitchell says the boys located a handgun in the home, began playing with the weapon and the younger brother was shot.
Mitchell says the homeowner was at the residence but in another area at the time of the shooting.
No charges were immediately filed. Police did not immediately identify the homeowner or say why the brothers were left at the residence.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures