DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a 7-year-old boy has been hospitalized in serious condition after he was shot by his 13-year-old brother.
The accident happened Saturday after both boys were dropped off at a residence.
Sgt. Warren Mitchell says the boys located a handgun in the home, began playing with the weapon and the younger brother was shot.
Mitchell says the homeowner was at the residence but in another area at the time of the shooting.
No charges were immediately filed. Police did not immediately identify the homeowner or say why the brothers were left at the residence.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Doctors Find Surgical Sponges Left In Woman For At Least 6 Years
- Gonzaga Rounding Into Form At Perfect Time
- When NBA Returns, Will Warriors’ Dominance Come Back, Too?
- Texas, Alabama, Florida Set To Hold Executions On Same Night
- 5 Guys Who Could Shine At NFL Combine
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures