DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a 7-year-old boy has been hospitalized in serious condition after he was shot by his 13-year-old brother.
The accident happened Saturday after both boys were dropped off at a residence.
Sgt. Warren Mitchell says the boys located a handgun in the home, began playing with the weapon and the younger brother was shot.
Mitchell says the homeowner was at the residence but in another area at the time of the shooting.
No charges were immediately filed. Police did not immediately identify the homeowner or say why the brothers were left at the residence.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- No. 16 Texas A&M Routs Oklahoma State 72-55 At Tournament
- No. 22 Baylor Beats Wisconsin 70-65
- Judge Permanently Blocks Trump Sanctuary Cities Order
- Texas Longhorns Bowl Eligible For 1st Time Since 2014
- Rare ‘Dracula’ Poster Sells For $525,800 At Dallas Auction
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures