OKLAHOMA (CBSDFW.COM) – A convicted sex offender who fled from a Dallas halfway house is back in custody. Robert Charles Grumsfeld, 51, removed his ankle monitor and left on Friday night, DPS said.
A deputy saw Grumsfeld at a fast food restaurant in McAlester, Oklahoma Monday afternoon. He was arrested by the Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Office at 5 p.m. Grumsfeld was wanted for felony failure to comply with civil commitment requirements. His criminal history included one conviction for aggravated sexual assault and two convictions for sexual assault.
DPS added Grunsfeld to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list on Monday.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Surprising Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Controversial Reading Assignment Has Some High School Parents Fuming
- Dallas Mayor Pleased With Grow South Initiative’s Progress
- Sanders Wins Democratic Presidential Primary In Indiana
- Cruz Drops Out Of Race For President
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures