DALLAS(105.3 THE FAN) — What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side? Mine is dressing, but not cornbread dressing or white bread dressing. The best dressing you’ll ever eat is my Grandma’s.
It’s like a combination of dressing and meatloaf. I can’t wait for Thursday, it’s my favorite holiday because it’s based around food, family and football. It doesn’t get any better.
Please give my Grandma’s turkey dressing a try and change your Thanksgiving life.
- 1 small bag herb flavored stuffing
- 2 lbs. ground meat
- 1 loaf of white bread
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Get giblets and neck from turkey (do not use liver). Place in pan, cover with water with a couple stalks of celery, 1/2 onion and some chicken bouillon for flavor. Cook until tender. Keep stock. Remove neck and discard. Grind giblets with meat grinder. In a bowl combine 2 chopped onions, 3 stalks of chopped celery, giblets, stuffing mix, white bread torn into small pieces, eggs, and ground meat. Add stock to moisten. This mixture should be loose, not as firm as a meatloaf. Place in loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. (The smell in the house is worth fixing it)
You can hear Mike Bacsik on the G-Bag Nation, weekdays 10a-2p on 105.3 The Fan!
- Tom Hanks On “NFL Moratorium” Over Raiders Move
- Keller Student Wins Scholar Athlete Honor
- San Antonio Spurs Beat Memphis Grizzlies To Advance In NBA Playoffs
- Rangers Slugger Gallo Showing He’s More Than Just Big Hitter
- Dallas Stars Re-Sign Mattias Janmark
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures