AUSTIN (AP) — Texas quarterback David Ash, who has missed most of the season with concussion symptoms, will not return until spring practice.
A statement Monday from Longhorns athletic trainer Kenny Boyd says Texas officials and Ash’s family agree he should miss the final two games of the season and the Longhorns’ bowl game.
Ash, a junior, was the starter until being injured in the second game against BYU in early September. He returned briefly but has missed Texas’ last six games.
Boyd says Ash has made progress in his recovery but doctors have not yet been able to clear him to return.
The Longhorns (7-3, 6-1 Big 12) play Texas Tech (7-4, 4-4) on Thanksgiving before closing the regular season at Baylor on Dec. 7.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- AP Top 25: Ohio State Slips, Penn State In, Houston Out
- Defense Rests: No. 16 Oklahoma Beats Texas Tech 66-59
- SMU Stuns No. 11 Houston 38-16
- Stars Shut Out By Blue Jackets 3-0
- No. 6 Texas A&M Overpowered By No. 1 Alabama 33-14
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures