RB Williams Dismissed From Oklahoma
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Senior tailback Damien Williams is no longer with Oklahoma’s football team.
Coach Bob Stoops announced Williams’ dismissal on Monday. Williams, from San Diego, had been suspended for Saturday’s win at Kansas State and earlier served a one-game suspension against Tulsa.
Williams started one game this season and was the 20th-ranked Sooners’ second-leading rusher, with 114 carries for 553 yards and seven touchdowns. He also had caught nine passes for 90 yards.
Last season, Williams rushed for 946 yards and 11 touchdowns and caught 34 passes for 320 yards and another score while starting nine games for Oklahoma.
Wide receiver Lacolton Bester, who also was suspended for the Kansas State game, will be available to play against No. 7 Oklahoma State on Dec. 7.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gary McCord On Quicken Loans National: ‘It’s Going To Be A Great Test’
- Brady Says He “Did Nothing Wrong”
- Patriots Fans Defiant After DeflateGate Ruling
- Rangers Blow Early Lead To Yankees 21-5
- Mincey Absent While Awaiting New Cowboys Deal
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures