One Direction Coming To AT&T Stadium
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Get your credit cards ready, Directioners.
The British boy band One Direction announced the dates for the North American leg of their upcoming worldwide tour on Tuesday, and it includes four stops across Texas. The guys will be performing at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on August 24, and will also serenade fans in Houston, San Antonio and El Paso.
The North American tour winds through 21 cities, beginning on August 1 in Toronto. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale on December 7, but fans can sign up for an RSVP program through Facebook to get tickets early on December 3. Click here for details about that offer.
One Direction — which consists of Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne and Harry Styles — was formed in 2010 while the singers were competing on the British version of Simon Cowell’s “The X Factor.” They quickly became international superstars with hits like “What Makes You Beautiful” and “Kiss You.”
The band has released three studio albums. Their latest, entitled “Midnight Memories,” was just released in the United States this week and includes singles such as “Best Song Ever” and “Story of My Life.” Their time on the road was detailed in the 2013 concert film “This is Us.” One Direction also earned two top honors at the 2013 American Music Awards on Sunday night — best pop/rock album and best pop/rock group.
“We simply can’t wait to be back in North America touring and to see our fans,” said Horan. “It’s going to be absolutely huge!”
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures