KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Cameron Ridley had 19 points and nine rebounds, Isaiah Taylor added 14 points and Texas bounced back from its first loss of the season to rout DePaul 77-59 on Tuesday night in the consolation game of the CBE Classic.
Kendal Yancy, Jonathan Holmes and Demarcus Holland scored 10 points each for the Longhorns (5-1), who lost to BYU in a nip-and-tuck game Monday night.
Brandon Young, playing in his 100th game, scored 14 points and Cleveland Melvin had 15 to lead the Blue Demons (3-3), who never recovered from a first-half blitz. Billy Garrett added 11 points and Tommy Hamilton and nine points and seven boards.
Texas beat the Blue Demons (3-3), who lost to No. 12 Wichita State in the semifinals, 13 years to the day after beating them in the Puerto Rico Shootout.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Rockwall Lake
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- Family Receives Closure After Vandals Destroy Loved One’s Grave
- Dallas Police Take On Richardson Police In Charity Hockey Game
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures