Sexual Harassment Allegations Within DPD
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - There has been a shakeup in the Dallas Police Department’s recruiting division, involving allegations of sexual harassment. Five officers were unexpectedly transferred out of personnel last week without being given a reason.
Sources told CBS 11 News that some of the officers were moved for performance issues.
But at least one — possibly more — of those officers who was transferred against their wishes has brought sexual harassment allegations against another officer. Sources said that it may involve some photographs that were sent from one officer to another.
The female officer who is complaining of sexual harassment has obtained an attorney and is expected to soon ask for an internal affairs investigation.
CBS 11 News asked the Dallas Police Department for a comment, but was told that they do not respond to personnel questions.
- White House Intruder Identified As Texas Army Veteran
- Police Search For Suspect In Robbery
- Fort Worth Police Find Body Next To Wrecked Truck
- Study: Apple’s New iPhones Score Big In Durability
- Citing Joan Rivers, Gov. Perry Backs Clinic Law
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures