FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Texas top 10 most wanted sex offender has been caught, days after he cut his ankle bracelet and ran away from a Dallas halfway house.
Robert Grunsfeld, 51, removed his ankle monitor on Friday and was caught on Monday in McAlester, Oklahoma.
Authorities from the Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Office arrested Grunsfeld at a fast food restaurant at about 5 PM.
Grunsfeld has been convicted of six counts of sexual assault, three counts of carrying a prohibited weapon, burglary and fraud.
He had been sentenced to live at a halfway house as part of the civil commitment program.
A $3,000 reward was offered for tips leading to Grunsfeld’s arrest, but this arrest was not the result of a tip.
Grunsfeld is now being held in Oklahoma.
Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in four different ways:
Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
All calls, texts, e-mails and Facebook messages are guaranteed to be anonymous.
- Cop Indicted For January Killing To Turn Himself In Monday
- 81-Year-Old Wrong-Way Driver Arrested In Denton
- Keidel: Raiders Spend Big On Carr
- Amber Alert Issued For Teen Believed To Be In Danger
- New Charges For Ex-Balch Springs Officer Accused In Teen Murder
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures