LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) – Cory Jefferson had a go-ahead putback with 16 seconds left and No. 18 Baylor rallied to beat Dayton 67-66 on Tuesday night in the semifinals of the Maui Invitational.
The Bears will play No. 8 Syracuse for the tournament championship Wednesday night.
After trailing nearly the entire game, Baylor (6-0) whittled away a 10-point deficit over the final 7 minutes. The Bears were down by one when Kenny Cherry missed a jumper off the front of the rim, but Jefferson was all alone for the rebound and his layup gave Baylor a 67-66 lead.
Vee Sanford missed a contested shot in close for Dayton with 2 seconds left, Devin Oliver’s tip-in attempt bounced off the rim and Baylor grabbed the rebound as the final buzzer sounded and Gary Franklin dived onto the floor in celebration.
Royce O’Neale and Cherry had 13 points each for the Bears.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dak Prescott & DeMarcus Lawrence Lead Cowboys To 28-17 Win
- Cowboys Fans Say Team Did It Right Regarding National Anthem Monday Night
- Task Force Busting Fake License Plates Forced To Shut Down
- Fort Worth Leaders Stick By Police Chief
- Dak Prescott Soars Over Cardinals DB For Touchdown
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures