CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Law enforcement officials in Carrollton are searching for a man who allegedly posed as a police officer and raped a female driver during a roadside attack. The incident happened along Interstate-35E, between Valley View Lane and Valwood Parkway, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on November 21.
Officials said that the victim was stopped by a four-door vehicle, possibly a Ford Crown Victoria — like that used by many police officers in the DFW area — with dark tinted windows and blue lights on the inside of the windshield.
The suspect was also allegedly dressed similar to a police officer. He was wearing a dark blue, long-sleeved uniform with no patches and a gold star-shaped badge. He had a gold nametag with numbers on it and a police-style belt with handcuffs and a baton. The suspect did not have a radio or firearm. He was also wearing sunglasses during the attack.
Authorities said that the suspect handcuffed the female driver and placed her into the back of his vehicle. That is where the assault took place. The vehicle did not have a prisoner cage.
The suspect has been described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a medium build. He has gray or white short hair and a dark-colored short beard. Authorities were able to develop a composite sketch of the man, shown above. Anyone who recognizes the man is urged to contact the Carrollton Police Department at email@example.com.
- Top 5 Surprising Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Controversial Reading Assignment Has Some High School Parents Fuming
- Dallas Mayor Pleased With Grow South Initiative’s Progress
- Sanders Wins Democratic Presidential Primary In Indiana
- Cruz Drops Out Of Race For President
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures