CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Law enforcement officials in Carrollton are searching for a man who allegedly posed as a police officer and raped a female driver during a roadside attack. The incident happened along Interstate-35E, between Valley View Lane and Valwood Parkway, between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on November 21.
Officials said that the victim was stopped by a four-door vehicle, possibly a Ford Crown Victoria — like that used by many police officers in the DFW area — with dark tinted windows and blue lights on the inside of the windshield.
The suspect was also allegedly dressed similar to a police officer. He was wearing a dark blue, long-sleeved uniform with no patches and a gold star-shaped badge. He had a gold nametag with numbers on it and a police-style belt with handcuffs and a baton. The suspect did not have a radio or firearm. He was also wearing sunglasses during the attack.
Authorities said that the suspect handcuffed the female driver and placed her into the back of his vehicle. That is where the assault took place. The vehicle did not have a prisoner cage.
The suspect has been described as a white male in his 30s or 40s, between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a medium build. He has gray or white short hair and a dark-colored short beard. Authorities were able to develop a composite sketch of the man, shown above. Anyone who recognizes the man is urged to contact the Carrollton Police Department at email@example.com.
- Thousands Gathering For Funeral For Slain Little Elm Detective
- Cab Driver Praises John Elway, Then Learns He’s Driving Him
- Woody Harrelson Jokes About New “Star Wars” Role
- Loney Reaches Minor League Deal With Rangers
- Gov. Abbott Moves To Replace Critical UT Regents
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures