SMU Dominates Sam Houston State 72-53
Sports Fan Insider
GARLAND (AP) - Markus Kennedy scored a team-high 14 points off the bench and Yanick Moreira recorded his first major-college double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds as SMU’s front court continued its early-season dominance in the Mustangs’ 72-53 victory over Sam Houston State on Tuesday night.
SMU improved to 5-1 in its second home game as part of the Corpus Christi Challenge. The Mustangs will continue with games in Corpus Christi, Texas, on Friday against Virginia.
The Bearkats dropped to 4-2 with their second consecutive loss. They were led by Paul Baxter with 19 points, including 4-for-5 on 3-pointers.
SMU outscored Sam Houston 32-16 in points in the paint, out-rebounding the Bearkats 46-20.
Nick Russell added 13 points for the Mustangs.
Kennedy, a sophomore forward, transferred from Villanova. Moreira transferred to SMU after leading South Plains College of Lubbock, Texas to a 36-0 record in 2011-12 and the NJCAA national championship.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Djokovic, Federer Among Favorites To Win U.S. Open
- Joe Gibbs: Tony Stewart Is ‘A Racer’s Racer’
- Texas Regulators Approve Expansion Of Nuke Site
- Former President George W. Bush Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Both Sides Rest In Teacher’s Hit-&-Run Trial
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures