Texas A&M Blows Past UAPB 88-55
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Texas A&M continued its romp through a soft nonconference schedule with an 88-55 whipping of Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Tuesday night.
The Aggies, 6-0 for the first time since the 2007-08 season, once again offered up a balanced offensive attack, led by junior-college transfer Jamal Jones’ 18 points, and three other Aggies scored in double digits.
A&M has steadily improved from long range over its first six games, and against UAPB shot a season-best 9 of 15 (60 percent) from the 3-point line. Jones led the way from long range by making 5 of 7 3-pointers. The Aggies started fast, built a 44-29 lead at halftime and were never threatened.
Tevin Hammond led the Golden Lions with 15 points, and Daniel Broughton followed with 12.
A&M forced 18 turnovers, including a game-high five by Hammond, although the Aggies had trouble of their own on that front by committing 15.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Woman On Flight With North Texas Ebola Patient Plans To Sue
- Texas Keeps NCAA Hopes Alive, Beats No. 14 Baylor 61-59
- No. 6 Baylor Ends Regular Season 75-65 Over Texas Tech
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures