DENTON (AP) – Jordan Williams came off the bench to score 19 points as North Texas beat Incarnate Word 84-67 Tuesday night.
Williams was 7 of 14 from the field and sank 4 of 6 free throws. He also shone on defense with 8 rebounds and a pair of blocks. Brandon Walton had 16 points and Alzee Williams had 14 for the Mean Green (4-3).
The scoring leader for the Cardinals (5-1) was Mitchell Badillo with 19 points who went 5 of 11 from the field and sank 9 of 10 from the line.
Incarnate Word turned the ball over 10 times in the first period and was ineffective from the floor, scoring only 16 points by halftime. The team battled back in the second period, but it was too late, despite the efforts of Badillo who scored 16 points for the Cardinals in the last 10 minutes of the game.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Live Blog: Los Angeles Chargers Vs. Dallas Cowboys On Thanksgiving Day
- Carrollton Police Looking For Missing Woman & Her Suspected Kidnapper
- Retailers Look To Woo Holiday Shoppers From Rivals, As Amazon Grows
- Trump Says “Country Is Starting To Do Really Well” In Thanksgiving Tweet
- Balloons, Bands, Increased Security At Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures