ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) – Amric Fields hit a jump shot and two free throws in the final 9.9 seconds to lift TCU to a 73-70 win over Alaska-Anchorage in the Great Alaskan Shootout on Wednesday night.
The Seawolves called a timeout after Fields made his free throws with 2.6 seconds remaining, but Brian McGill missed a 3-pointer as time expired.
Fields finished with 16 points for TCU (3-2) and Kyan Anderson had 18, going 5 of 8 from 3-point range to lead four Horned Frogs in double figures.
Travis Thompson scored 19 points for tournament host Alaska-Anchorage (0-1) and McGill had 16.
TCU trailed 35-33 at the half.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Officers Drop The Puck To Raise Money For Child Fighting Terminal Disease
- School Threats Increasing In North Texas Since Florida School Shooting
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Rockwall Lake
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures